Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Poems

I chose the poem, Sweet by Martin Williams, because I liked the vibe he is trying to rub off. Martin Williams did his time, and with that he has found the importance to see the good in what's around, even if you're stuck somewhere dark. He brings color to the black and white days. He doesn't let what can bring him down, bring him down.


Sweet by Martin Williams

The steel has not made me cold
Nor the stone made me hard
Nor the gray made me colorless.

The dopefiends have not made me scandalous
Nor the cops made me hateful
Nor the hateful made me heartless.

The food has not killed my appetite
Nor sexlessness killed my desire
Nor lifelessness killed my thirst.

They gave me no water for my garden,
Gave me sand for seeds,
And I grew flowers
And low fruit,
Enough to color the walls
And make stale rice
Taste sweet.

http://howitookit.hanseldobbs.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/4571308352_0b142708aa.jpg